Friday, February 15, 2013

Ryan Emma's 5th Birthday

Most of you know I'm in the habit of throwing extravagant birthday parties, but strangely this year I was lacking the vibe. But when Ryan Emma requested a Strawberry  Shortcake party the nostalgia took over and I realized I could plan the Strawberry Short cake party I never had.
 This was my first attempt at cake pop making. The first few were a disaster, but still so yummy!
 
 This was my favorite...gumball necklaces!!! I got the gumballs from the Sweet Factory, and poked wholes with an ice pick.
 The party was complete with Strawberry cupcakes!


 I love pennant banners. I used this party as an excuse to make one. It was the cutest decoration at the party and I didn't spend a penny on it. I was able to use all my fabric scraps. So many friends give me scraps and I love to use them up.

 Ryan and her cousins. I love these pictures that she will have to look back on. This are the "making memories" pictures.
 Her poor dad, always has to play a silly part for me! This year he was the mailman who delivered a package from each of Strawberry Shortcake's friends in Berry Bity City
 One of the Activities we did was plant strawberry plants, I think this was the favorite of the kids.
Her besties on each side. It's such a strange feeling that she is five already and going off to school this year!
 We saved our gifts till after the party. For Christmas Ryan got her first Fancy Nancy book from Auntie Abrie; she loved it so much she made me read it every night for about 30 days straight. So my mom got her a new Fancy Nancy and we have read this one every night since!
 My parents went in together and bought her a leappad; this is the current obsession at home. Both kids fight over it.
This was the gift she asked for, a Lalaloopsy remote control boat! Plus she got new skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment